I place high value on being intentional about things, but also on being realistic and cutting myself some slack. So when I discovered Goals with Grace via The Tiny Twig, I was pretty excited. Easy monthly goals? Yes please.
Goals for July 2014:
Read and review at least two books. This month, reading at least two books was easy, especially because it was finally my turn in the library cue to get Laini Taylor’s latest book. Reviewing forces me to be a lot more intentional when I’m reading because I have to highlight or make notes and generally think harder. Nonetheless, I read and reviewed Tables in the Wilderness by Preston Yancey, and Surprised by Motherhood by Lisa-Jo Baker (which you can find under the “Reviews” tab if you’re curious.)
- Write in my journal at least once a week. A big huge NOPE to this one, as I haven’t even written in it yet. This is often what happens to me with journal writing, as I am afraid to return to it because I know I’ll have to sort through my crap. Ha. I have, however, managed to read through the large pile of comics I’d been keeping next to my bed, so perhaps writing before I head to sleep will be a lot more possible.
Complete one non-walking to work physical activity per week. I’m bad at caring about physical fitness, but it is also summer and I don’t have a car, so I end up walking places on the weekends anyway. Plus I’ve (ugh) started doing lunges and squats at home before bed, so consider this goal achieved. And, because my husband is an absolute saint, he helped me paint my bicycle, so I am riding that bad boy everywhere. Send snail mail to my besties.This one was almost easy, because most of my besties had major events going on in their lives (birthdays, weddings, et cetera). Also, I keep a stash of cards for general/various occasions in a (currently very messy) drawer in our office, so I don’t have to buy something new if I want to send mail.
Goals for August 2014:
- Paint the bathroom.
- De-rust and paint my bicycle.*
- Read and review at least three books.
- Write in my journal at least once a week.
* This one is already done, but I did it right at the end of July/beginning of August, which was earlier than I thought it would happen.
A couple of these are the same/similar to last month’s goals, and the other two are totally new (and both happen to be DIY sorts of things). Painting the bathroom isn’t terribly lofty, but will pose a challenge as I’m going to be away from home for two weeks in the middle of the month.
Goals achievement mode: ACTIVATE.